IS YOUR STUDENT CAREER READY?
Employers want to hire talented college students and recent graduates who can demonstrate particular skills. Mastering these Career Readiness Competencies will make your student a competitive candidate for future employment. Each month we will highlight one competency and strategy to develop and demonstrate these skills
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
Exercise sound reasoning and analytical thinking; obtain and use knowledge, facts, and data to
solve problems and make decisions. During your students career journey this might include:
- Analyzing their interests, skills, values, and strengths and identifying how they relate to majors and careers. Need help in the process? Connect with a career counselor by contacting email@example.com or call 218-723-6085.
- Identifying, evaluating, and using relevant resources to make career decisions. Visit css.edu/career to get started on your career exploration.
- Developing and practicing telling stories that demonstrate how they have handled situations in an effective and professional manner.
- Practice answering interview questions on InterviewStream, an interactive online tool where responses are recorded and can be played back and retried.
Skills to practice inside and outside of the classroom:
- Obtain, interpret, and use knowledge, facts, and data to make wise decisions.
- Demonstrate originality and inventiveness in response to a problem.
- View problem solving from all angles, considering their implication and outcome.
- Give thought to how decisions affect others.
- Consider how values and goals are demonstrated in the decisions made
Check out tips and resources for this topic and more at css.edu/career