If a student is interested in receiving Financial Aid, a FAFSA must be completed each school year. Please remind your students to file their FAFSA if they have not already done so.
The information collected from the yearly FAFSA will be used to calculate the student's financial aid packages each year.
In order for St. Scholastica to receive the FAFSA the student must include our title IV code, which is 002343 as one of the final steps before submitting the FAFSA.
What does your student need to file FAFSA?
You will need records of income earned in the year prior to the start of the school year. You may need record for both parents and student's income information if the student is filing as a dependent student and file taxes in the previous year.
For the 2013-2014 school year you will need financial information from 2012. You MAY need to refer to:
- Social Security card. It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
- Driver's license (if any)
- 2012 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if married your spouses - independent
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
- Foreign Tax Return, or
- Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Parents' 2012 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- 2012 untaxed income records
- current bank statements
- current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
- Any alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to Federal Student Aid.
If you have any questions regarding the FAFSA process, please contact a Counselor with OneStop Student Services at 1-877-287-8716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.